Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Romans, countrymen, and lovers!

hear me for my cause; and be silent, that you may hear:
believe me for mine honour, and have respect to mine honour, that you may believe:
censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
(Julius Caesar, III.ii.10-12)
So last night's class was mostly about podcasts. Last night we added a podcast message to our advocacy wiki. By "we" I mean Marc and Tracey. I was doing the staff development workshop page, although I did get to say a few words in the podcast. In this case we chose mainly to divide and conquer, and the products turned out just fine, I must say. I would like to get to know the software a little better, but I did learn a few things from what I saw (and heard).
As for the "So What" of podcasts, I think that they can serve a function much like video, only for the more auditory learners. In fact a lot of broadcasters have video podcasts online these days; check out one of my favorites (by "one of my favorites" I mean "one I've actually heard of"), Willie Geist's "video blog," aka ZeitGeist. Apparently you can subscribe to this feed, but I haven't figured that one out, yet. Anyways, being a more visually stimulated person, I haven't really gotten into podcasts yet, so I don't have any favorites there. Perhaps once I read Richardson's chapters on podcasting, I'll have more to say about them. (I suspect I'll still like video better, though.)

2 comments:

Shannon R. said...

I too find that I am partial to video, especially now that I see how easy it is to edit using MovieMaker and other similar programs. I look forward to reading more about podcasting in Richardson's book and hope it will shed more light on the topic. Great podcast and Staff Development Workshop!!

Jodi said...

Best wishes on Friday....I will be thinking of you.